Thought of the Moment:

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music...

Song of the Moment:

Friday, January 25, 2008

#1 - Juvenile?

Hardly.

The concept of a blog that is accessible to anyone and everyone may seem like something that would be appealing exclusively to an angsty teeny bopper, eager to publicly announce her prom date (of course, to make his ex-gf burn in jealousy) or to proclaim her new obsession with fake eyelashes (very trendy, I hear).

Alas, times are a-changing, and nowadays everyone who's anyone has a blog. Hell, I bet even Osama Bin Laden has a secret blog where he reveals all his plans of world domination in plain English. Except everyone thinks the blog belongs to "Joe White", some rebel, goth kid from Southern Iowa who watched a bit too much of Pinky and the Brain as a kid. Where's the Patriot Act when you need it.

But no, a blog is the "cool" thing to do these days. Or so I tell myself in dire hopes of justifying the creation of this thing to the very haughty, anti-bandwagon conscience that reigns over my right shoulder. In these attempts to be cool, however, I do not intend on reliving my Xanga years. I realize now that a script for Prozac and a canine best friend would've solved 99% of the problems I publicized via the oh-so-handy rant journal back in middle school. This blog won't be used to whine, complain, and ramble on about the "woes of life." Life can be quite irritating, to put it lightly. But I do enough complaining to a select few who, by now, probably want to strangle me and watch me slowly asphyxiate to death - I'd rather not increase that pool of people.

So what the hell is this blog about, if its not going to be about how much I hate life and where I'm going to cut myself next? I have no clue. I guess you'll find out as I do.

And that still doesn't answer the question: Why?
Boredom, a creative outlet, slight resurgence of teeny bopper attention needs, borderline intent of world domination - you pick. The important thing is that it's here. I write. You read. The end.



Enjoy the ride.

--

2 comments:

lotusmoon01 said...

Hey you, seems like you have a cool blog lined up. I have been meaning to post the link to mine for a while, but I'll leave the link here. Hopefully I can update it more now that I'm home.

spiritualexploration dot blogspot dot com

:)

lotusmoon01 said...

Oh and you should be able to figure out who it is. hehe